Mizkan Sushi Su (Sushi Vinegar Seasoning) / 米酢
- A must-have if you're making Chirashi bowls or sushi! Otherwise it just won't taste the same.
- For sushi rice and chirashi
- Find out how to cook rice here
- How to make sushi/chirashi rice:
- Current Batch: Best Before 09 Mar 2024 (Previous Batch was 02 Feb 2024 - Updated on 02 Dec 2023)
Spread cooked rice on to a large flat dish. Sprinkle Sushi Su over the rice while hot.
Coat rice evenly with Sushi Su by using a rice paddle stirring rice from the bottom up (be gentle - you don't want to make rice paste).
Once done, leave it out to cool with a fan. Do not put it in the fridge as it will damage the rice.
Note: If you add Sushi Su when the rice has cooled, the rice will become very sticky, forming hard-to-separate clumps. The rice will also lose its sheen.
Tip: If the rice is too sticky to the touch, place a small bowl of water next to you when working with rice. Wet your hands before handling rice (e.g. when making onigiri).