Mentaiko Tube / 明太子 Cod Roe
Mentaiko is always a winner with anyone young or old.
Read our article on how to make Mentai Mayo and a quick recipe for Mentaiko Pasta!
- Air-flown from Japan
- 500G per pack
- Extremely versatile for cooking
- Best topped on seafood (salmon, scallops, prawns, squid), vegetables (Shiitake mushroom, Leek, Eggplant); or made with Onigiri; or tossed with noodles (pastas or Inaniwa udon).
- Best stored in the freezer. Once opened, store in freezer for up to 1 year. As Mentaiko isn’t rock hard even when kept in the freezer, you may squeeze out required amount with ease and store the remainder in a ziplock bag back into the freezer.
- Note: Mentaiko is made up of very tiny particles, so even in -15 degrees, the mentaiko tube will still feel soft and will be easy to press/squeeze on. This is the same for Miso. This does not mean that it is thawed.
- Ingredient list: Tarako (Roe), Salt, Fish Extract, Spice, Soy Sauce, Refined Sake, Kombu, Yuzu Pepper, Flavoring (amino acid, etc), Alcohol, pH Stabilizer, Colouring (Yellow 5, Red 102, Red 3, Red 106).