Kuruma Ebi (Tiger Prawn) / 車海老 (Comes in 2 sizes)
Kuruma Ebi Size
- Why are our prawns better?
Unlike most frozen prawns in the market, these are live frozen. Which means that they are blast frozen when the prawns are still alive -- not dead. This makes them taste as good as when you order them live!
- 1KG per pack
- The tiger prawns come in two sizes: Large and Jumbo
- The Large packs are approximately 21 to 25 pieces per KG depending on the size of the prawns.
- The Jumbo packs are approximately 10 to 12 pieces per KG depending on the size of the prawns.
- Dry-packed and flash frozen once caught from the ocean to preserve freshness.
- Glazing: 30%
- Ready stock available for delivery within 24 hours
- How to Thaw (as adviced by the farm): 1. Thaw the prawns slowly in the chiller on the same day of cooking. 2. If you want to thaw it quicker, thaw the prawns from frozen in iced water. We don't recommend thawing overnight as it changes the quality of the prawns.
- NOT FOR RAW CONSUMPTION
- Best cooked in boiling water, grilled or fried
- The most stunning prawns for steamboats and BBQs
- They are so good that we supply them to Japanese restaurants here! For air-flown Japanese Kuruma Ebi, please drop us an email at [email protected] for seasonal prices. They won't be this affordable. Thank you!
- Refer to picture for size difference between Kuruma Ebi and normal prawns
- Not individually frozen.
For wholesale enquiries, please drop us an email at [email protected]