Hanamaruki Liquid Shio Koji / 塩こうじ液
This liquid Shio Koji is not heat-treated, and the enzymes it contains remain active. These enzymes are effective in neutralizing natural strong scents from meat as it is cooked and also enhance the texture by creating a soft and tender product. Adding it in even small amounts to sauces, soups or any dish will create a deeper flavour.
About Shio Koji: Shio koji is a live food culture, a fermented mixture of malted rice, salt and water, commonly and widely used in Japan as a seasoning or ingredient to create deep umami flavour.
The healthiest way to tenderize meats & seafood: The enzymes contained in shio koji break down proteins to pull out umami and this process contributes to tenderizing meat and fish, as well as drawing out the sweetness from ingredients.
For the original Shio Koji paste, find it here.
- 500ML per bottle
- Proud product of Japan, 100% made and packed in Japan
- Ingredients: Rice, Water, Salt, Ethyl Alcohol (to preserve freshness)
- Gluten-free. Non-GMO certified.
- Contains no artificial colouring. Please refrigerate and consume as soon as possible after opening.
- How to use: Add Shio Koji to your marinade and let it sit for 30 min (fish), 20 min (meats), 15 min (cut vegetables).