Shochikubai Shirakabegura Junmai Daiginjo 640ML (Gold) / 杵竹梅 白壁蔵 純米吟醸
"Shirakabe Gura" is the brewery located in the Nada area, the heartland of Japanese sake making.
Shirakabegura Junmai Daiginjo is made with Yamadanishiki rice from Hyogo Prefecture, the region from which the varietal originates. Known as "the king of sake rice," Yamadanishiki is prized for the high degree to which it can be polished in order to reach the delicate range of quality - crucial for Daiginjo sake - and for the fragrant, well-blended complexity it imparts to in the sake.
- 640ML per bottle, available in 1.8L bottle
- Comes in a box, please note that only 640ML comes with a red string.
- Prefecture: Nada
- Tasting Notes: Elegantly balanced and extra refined. Notably aromatic with pear, banana, peach and an elegant sweetness that suggests honey, this medium-bodied Daiginjo delivers a skillful balance of sweetness and crisp acidity with a long finish.
- Serving: Cold, Room temperature to Warm
- Pairing food: This sake sets off lightly flavored foods that have a subtle, savory edge.
- Alc %: 15.5%
- Rice variety: Yamadanishiki