Shio Koji / 塩こうじ
Upcoming Air Cargo : Wednesday 26 Feb
By popular demand, we've brought in the Shio Koji! Shio koji is a live food culture, a fermented mixture of malted rice, salt and water, commonly and widely used in Japan as a seasoning or ingredient to create deep umami flavour.
The healthiest way to tenderize meats & seafood: The enzymes contained in shio koji break down proteins to pull out umami and this process contributes to tenderizing meat and fish, as well as drawing out the sweetness from ingredients.
- 400G per pack, resealable
- Proud product of Japan, 100% made and packed in Japan
- Ingredients: 100% Rice Malt from Japan, Salt, Alcohol, Water
- Fantastic for pickling, or as a rich marinade that will leave meat beautifully tender, you can even add shio koji to sauces and soups for a deep flavour with subtle savoury undertones.
- Contains no artificial colouring. Please refrigerate and consume as soon as possible after opening.
- How to use: Add Shio Koji to your marinade and let it sit for 30 min (fish), 20 min (meats), 15 min (cut vegetables).
- By order only; air-flown items will be flown in every Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays & Saturdays (unless otherwise stated) upon order only. We do not keep stock of perishables.