Satoimo Taro (Taro Root) / 里芋
Upcoming Air Cargo : Friday 28 Feb
- Sold in packs of 500G
- Great in soups, stews or curries
- Perfect replacement for potatoes
- How to prepare: scrub Satoimo in water then peel the skin with a fruit peeler or knife
- By order only; air-flown items will be flown in every Tuesdays & Fridays (unless otherwise stated) and can be delivered on your preferred day. Please place your order at least 3 working days prior to the Tuesday/Friday air cargo.
Our favourite way to enjoy Satoimo: Miso Satoimo Tofu
- Cut Satoimo into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 block firm tofu
- 1 cup dashi stock (can be prepared with this or kombu)
- 2 Tbs. white miso
- 1 Tbs. soy sauce
- 1 Tbs. maple syrup or 1/2 Tbs. Sugar
Put into a pan with the dashi stock, sugar/maple syrup, then add the tofu.
Bring to a boil and cook down until the liquid is almost gone. Add the soy sauce. Thin out the miso with a little water or dashi until liquid rather than a paste, and add to the pan. Let simmer for a few minutes. Serve hot or cold.