Nagasaki Hon Maguro Wild Caught Chutoro / 長崎県の真まぐろ 中とろ
We know - we've already got a Chutoro on our site, why another one? This came highly recommended by our Maguro vendor for its clean taste. (Our maguro vendor also supplies the same Nagasaki Maguro to the better known sushi restaurants in Singapore ^^)
We've currently only listed the Chutoro because it is just simply amazing -- it's fatty (almost as fatty as an Ootoro) but not cloying.
We are also proud to share that we are the only ones in Singapore to sell Maguro from Nagasaki to home users. Taste the difference yourself.
- 450~550G per piece, good for 3~5 pax
- Why is this available everyday?
As this is supplied to (only the top-end) Japanese restaurants in Singapore, these are flown in 4 times every week so there is a constant supply of them.
- What is the difference between this and the other Chutoro?
1. This is Northern Bluefin wild caught tuna from Nagasaki waters while the other is a Southern Bluefin wild caught Tuna. Both are wild caught and are sold at Tsukiji Market. We do not deal with tuna from other countries.
2. Fatty level & taste. We find this a lot cleaner in taste, i.e. less acidity.
- Sashimi-grade, air-flown from Japan
- Chutoro is the fattier variant of Akami and is light red/pink in colour
- It is the fatty red flesh between Akami and Ootoro layers
- Best consumed in sushi, as sashimi or chirashi
- Note: This comes with a thin strip of skin that comes off easily by using a knife (easier than most fishes because it is a hard skin). We cannot remove the skin for you as we will need to thaw it. We do not thaw fishes for our customers for freshness' sake.
- Flash frozen for freshness
- Note: Sashimi grade fishes has to be flash frozen at -40°C. The process kills parasitic worms that fish are host to but doesn’t break down the flesh, so the meat remains fresh.