Chikiri Kogane Dashi Bags (3 flavours, No Additives!)
A must-have in every Japanese household and essential in Japanese cooking. Presented in a beautiful gift box that's both gorgeous and practical!
- Proud produce of Shizuoka, Japan
- Comes in 3 flavours - Wafu Dashi, Iriko Dashi, Ago Dashi
- 3 bags (6G x 3) per flavour
No additives, preservatives or any other flavouring. All Katsuo and Shiitake are domestic produces!
- Best before: May 2020
- Wafu Dashi: Chikiri's signature Dashiof over 40 years, made with Saba, Muroaji fish, Katsuo, Iwashi and Shiitake. An all-rounded dashi that's suitable for any cooking!
- Grilled Ago Dashi: An intense and strong-flavoured dashi made with Katsuo and Yaki Ago. This is most suitable for light-tasting ingredients, such as tofu.
- Iriko Dashi: Iwashi (sardine) based Dashi, with Katsuo, Shiitake mushrooms and Kombu. Most suitable for miso soups or in stir-fries (after making dashi stock with this).
- Dashi is a hugely versatile ingredient/cooking stock and is the base for many dishes such as noodle soup and simmered sauces, or mixed with miso paste for miso soup. Made from Katsuobushi Bonito flakes and Konbu kelp strained together, this instant variety is much quick and easier to prepare.
- How to keep: Keep refrigerated, away from sunlight, heat and moisture.
- How to use:
1 bag (3~5 pax)
1. Bring a pot of 400ML water to a boil, bring water to a simmer and add 1 packet of dashi bag
2. Simmer for 5 minutes
3. Remove dashi bag and use dashi for your cooking!
- For Osuimono (soup base; check out our Hamaguri recipe), add one bag to 700~800ML water
- For Oden, Dashimaki Tamagoyaki or Vegetables, use one bag with 600ML water
- For cooking (to replace soy sauce), use one bag with 400ML water
- To make miso soup, use one bag with 800ML water
- To make Chawanmushi, soup for Soba, Udon or Ten Tsuyu, use one bag with 400ML water
- Allergens: Soy & Wheat