Omakase Bara Uni 250G / ばらうに
Upcoming Air Cargo : Saturday 09 Jul
Order within 17:31:12 to be in time for the upcoming air cargo on Saturday 09 Jul
Next Air Cargo : Monday 11 Jul
- 250G per box, Auction Grade ONLY (Grade A).
- Picked directly off the Uni Auction, then air-flown to your doorstep (4 times every weekly!). We fly it in only when you make an order so it is always fresh!
- Why is yours better?
We have been working with the vendors at Toyosu Market for over 15 years now. Gaining access to the Uni auction just means that we get first dibs on the best quality Uni for the day at the best price range. Everything else then gets passed on to the Uni vendors at the Toyosu Market and all around the world after the auction.
- How to store Uni: Keep chilled in the Chiller. NOT Freezer. We do not freeze our Uni. They are delivered fresh chilled.
- What grade is your Uni?
Grade A. Not all Uni get to be in the Uni auction, only Uni of Grade A gets into the auction.
- Air-flown from Japan, upon order only
- What is the difference between this and the other Narabi Uni?
Narabi = Straight, in a row. Bara = woven, uneven. Bara Uni is simply a box of Uni that are of the same grade but the pieces of Uni are not uniform in size in one box. However sizes of the Uni don't differ all that much (they are grade A, afterall). Narabi Uni contains Uni that are of almost uniform sizes, for Omakase Narabi Uni click here.
- Please note that as Bara Uni pieces are not uniform, the bottom layer may consist of small pieces of Uni. This is not a defect
- Best consumed in sushi, as sashimi, chirashi, wrapped in nori as a snack or as a pasta for dinner
- Note: Image is for illustration purposes only. The size of the lobes are dependent on the catch of the week and cannot be uniform. It varies and may sometimes come bigger (which means lesser pieces in a box), or smaller in size (which means more pieces in a box). Boxes are sold based on weight, not number of rows or number of lobes.