Oden Set / おでんセット
Oden is one of our favourite comfort dishes that is best for rainy days or for gatherings at home. It is convenient, fuss-free and light enough to keep you going for more.
The Oden set comes complete with 10 different Oden items (including soup base), so all you need to do is follow the instructions and you'll have an authentic Japanese Oden at home!
Optional items that you may wish to add:
1. Daikon (Japanese radish)
2. Tofu (hard type)
3. Hard boiled egg (prepared separately)
- Product of Shiogama, one of the most renowned areas in Japan known for processed seafood products in Japan.
- Entirely made in Japan. The only thing made in China is...the cling wrap.
- Not gluten-free
- 10 different types, 16-17 pieces in total
- Please note that the ingredients in the actual packaging might differ slightly from the picture.
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Pour the attached soup into a pot, and then pour 600ml ~ 800ml of water to make a broth.
*Change the amount of water depending on your preference.
- Put the Japanese radish and cook them over medium heat. Once it starts boiling, lower the heat and boil for 15 ~ 20 minutes.
- Put the kneaded ingredients (except for the Hanpen (boiled flat white fish cake)), Ganmodoki (fried bean curd), and Mochi-Kinchaku (glutinous rice wrapped in a pouch of deep-fried tofu -- and boil them for 10 ~ 15 minutes over low heat.
*Boiling kneaded ingredients too much can cause the umami to dissolve into the broth.
- Turn off the heat and let the Oden cool down.
*Follow this step to let the broth soak into the ingredients.
- Put the Hanpen and heat it up before serving.
- Adjust the overall flavor of the broth, and it is ready!