Natural Dashi Bags (No Salt, No Additives) 天然出汁パック
A must-have in every Japanese household and essential in Japanese cooking.
- Proud produce of Shizuoka, Japan
- No salt, additives, preservatives, colouring or any other flavouring. The bags are unbleached and natural too!
- 10 bags per packet, 10G per packet (each bag makes you up to 700ML dashi broth, depending on what you make. Please refer to the bottom.)
- Dashi is a hugely versatile ingredient/cooking stock and is the base for many dishes such as noodle soup and simmered sauces, or mixed with miso paste for miso soup. Made from Katsuobushi Bonito flakes and Konbu kelp strained together, this instant variety is much quick and easier to prepare.
- How to keep: Keep refrigerated, away from sunlight, heat and moisture.
- How to use:
1 bag (3~5 pax)
1. Bring a pot of 400~500ML water to a boil, bring water to a simmer and add 1 packet of dashi bag
2. Simmer for 5 minutes
3. Remove dashi bag and use dashi for your cooking!
- For Osuimono (soup base; check out our Hamaguri recipe), add one bag to 700~800ML water
- For Oden, Dashimaki Tamagoyaki or Vegetables, use one bag with 600ML water
- For cooking (to replace soy sauce), use one bag with 400ML water
- To make miso soup, use one bag with 800ML water
- To make Chawanmushi, soup for Soba, Udon or Ten Tsuyu, use one bag with 400ML water
- *Please check with your nutritionist or doctor if unsure. We are not professional nutrionists. We will feed this to our toddlers as it doesn't contain salt or other chemicals, and we know that only real ingredients are used.
- Note: Packaging may differ but it will always be resealable.