Mizuna Kyoto (Saltgreen from Kyoto) / 京みずな
Upcoming Air Cargo : Wednesday 29 Jan
Next Air Cargo : Friday 31 Jan
Order within 17:29:05 to be in time for the upcoming air cargo.
- Produce of Kyoto, air-flown from Japan direct from the farms
- As Zairyo gets this vegetable directly from the farms, we are able to sell it at a special wholesale price of $5.60 (U.P. $9.70)
- What is so special about Kyoto's vegetables? Lovingly referred to as Kyōyasai, these Mizuna are beautiful and wilt slower than normal Mizuna. The taste is cleaner, leaves are crisper.
- According to Wikipedia, "Kyoyasai is the term for heirloom vegetables originating in Japan's Kyoto Prefecture. According to the research of the Laboratory of Health and Environment of Kyoto, Kyoyasai have more minerals, fibers and vitamins than many other vegetables. According to research, Kyoyasai have more nutrients that repair DNA than other vegetables."
- Approximately 7 bunches of Mizuna in one pack
- Best consumed in salads (we find that it goes best with Kewpie Goma Shoyu dressing) or in Nabes.
- One of the mildest mustard greens, Mizuna is high in immune-boosting vitamin C, folate, and iron. It also contains powerful glucosinolates—antioxidants linked to decreased cancer risk. (Source)
- By order only; air-flown items will be flown in every Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays & Saturdays (unless otherwise stated) upon order only. We do not keep stock of perishables.