Kuruma Ebi (Tiger Prawn) / 車海老 (Comes in 3 sizes)
Kuruma Ebi Size
- Why are our prawns better?
Unlike most frozen prawns in the market, these are live frozen. Which means that they are blast frozen when the prawns are still alive -- not dead. This makes them taste as good as when you order them live!
- 1KG per pack
- The tiger prawns come in two sizes: Large and Jumbo
- The Large packs are approximately 21 to 25 pieces per KG depending on the size of the prawns.
- The Jumbo packs are approximately 8 to 10 pieces per KG depending on the size of the prawns.
- Dry-packed and flash frozen once caught from the ocean to preserve freshness.
- Ready stock available for delivery within 24 hours
- How to Thaw (as adviced by the farm): 1. Thaw the prawns slowly in the chiller. 2. If you want to thaw it quicker, thaw the prawns from frozen in iced water.
- Not for sashimi
- Best cooked in boiling water, grilled or fried
- The most stunning prawns for steamboats and BBQs
- These prawns are from a trusted farm in Malaysia. They are so good that we supply them to Japanese restaurants here! For air-flown Japanese Kuruma Ebi, please drop us an email at email@example.com for seasonal prices. They won't be this affordable. Thank you!
- Refer to picture for size difference between Kuruma Ebi and normal prawns
For wholesale enquiries, please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org