Hijiki Seaweed / ひじき
- Product of Hokkaido, Hidaka Subprefecture
- 35G per pack, comes in a resealable bag
- Hijiki is a type of wild seaweed that is known for its many essential minerals and dietary fibre, grown on rocky coastlines
- Hijiki contains dietary fiber and essential minerals like iron, calcium, and magnesium and this traditional food has been a part of a balanced diet in Japan for centuries.
- One of the most common dishes cooked with Hijiki is the Hijiki Nimono or simply cooked in rice or in Tamagoyaki.
- ISO9001 & HACCP certified. The Hijiki is first steamed for 2 hours 105℃, dried in 130℃ for 65 minutes, then 20 minutes of 120℃ steam blast to kill bacteria.
- How to use: Soak in tap water for approximately 20 minutes, drain and use.
- Recommendations: Hijiki Nimono, Hijiki Cold Salad, Stir Fry, Cooked in rice, or into meatballs or Tamagoyaki.
- Please note that 35G of Hijiki can feed 6~8 pax. We usually make a pot of Hijiki Nimono, and store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1.5 weeks.
We are SOLD OUT, enter your email address and we will inform you when the item is back in stock!