Hijiki Seaweed / ひじき
- Product of Hokkaido, Hidaka Subprefecture
- 35G per pack, comes in a resealable bag
- Hijiki is a type of wild seaweed that is known for its many essential minerals and dietary fibre, grown on rocky coastlines
- Hijiki contains dietary fiber and essential minerals like iron, calcium, and magnesium and this traditional food has been a part of a balanced diet in Japan for centuries.
- One of the most common dishes cooked with Hijiki is the Hijiki Nimono or simply cooked in rice or in Tamagoyaki.
- ISO9001 & HACCP certified. The Hijiki is first steamed for 2 hours 105℃, dried in 130℃ for 65 minutes, then 20 minutes of 120℃ steam blast to kill bacteria.
- How to use: Soak in tap water for approximately 20 minutes, drain and use.
- Recommendations: Hijiki Nimono, Hijiki Cold Salad, Stir Fry, Cooked in rice, or into meatballs or Tamagoyaki.
- Please note that 35G of Hijiki can feed 6~8 pax. We usually make a pot of Hijiki Nimono, and store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1.5 weeks.