Geta Bafun Uni / 下駄馬糞うに
Upcoming Air Cargo : Saturday 26 Sep
Next Air Cargo : Monday 28 Sep
Order within 01:32:33 to be in time for the upcoming air cargo.
- 350G per pack
- What is Geta Uni?
Geta is a traditional Japanese clogs/slippers that is elevated. Geta Uni is Uni stacked and packed on an 'elevated' Uni box, so it holds more Uni than the usual wooden boxes (350G, instead of 250G). It is not a brand. The brand may differ from the picture -- we only bring in the brand of Geta that is most recommended on the day of the Uni Auction.
- Direct off the Uni auctions, so you never have to overpay for Uni.
- How to store Uni: Keep chilled in the Chiller. NOT Freezer. We do not freeze our Uni. They are delivered fresh chilled.
- NOW IN SEASON
- Note: Unlike Murasaki Uni, the "uglier" or darker Aka/Bafun Uni is, the tastier. The prettier ones are usually from Canada and are processed a lot. We do not carry non-Japanese Uni.
- Why is yours better?
We have been working with the vendors at Tsukiji & Toyosu Market for over 15 years now. Gaining access to the Uni auction just means that we get first dibs on the best quality Uni for the day at the best price range. Everything else then gets passed on to the Uni vendors at the Toyosu Market and all around the world after the auction.
- What grade is your Uni?
Grade A. Not all Uni get to be in the Uni auction, only Uni of Grade A gets into the auction.
- Please note that packaging may change based on what's available at the market.
- By order only; air-flown items will be flown in every Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays & Saturdays (unless otherwise stated) upon order only. We do not keep stock of perishables.