Omakase Uni / 海胆 / (Sea Urchin Roe)
After being asked a thousand times what the difference is between this Uni and the other Uni we've got listed, here it is: the 250G Uni is a grade A Uni that's picked by the Uni specialists at the Uni Auction, based on what's the best for the day at the best value.
So it could be Murasaki OR Bafun -- we leave it to them, hence Omakase (trans: I entrust to you).
- Sashimi-grade, air-flown from Japan to Singapore
- Air-flown directly from Tsukiji Market to your doorstep, upon order only
Why is yours better?
We have been working with the vendors at Tsukiji Market for over 15 years now. Gaining access to the Uni auction just means that we get first dibs on the best quality Uni for the day at the best price range. Everything else then gets passed on to the Uni vendors at the Tsukiji Market and all around the world after the auction.
Please note that 90G and 100G Uni are NEVER listed at the Uni auction as Grade A Uni will never be packed into smaller packs. The smaller packs are from a trusted Uni vendor friend who picks and recommends us the best ones of the day.
- What grade is your Uni?
Grade A. Not all Uni get to be in the Uni auction, only Uni of Grade A gets into the auction. 90G and 100G Uni are grade B, grade A Uni will NEVER be packed into smaller packs at Toyosu Market.
- Best consumed in sushi, as sashimi, chirashi, wrapped in nori as a snack or as a pasta for dinner
- Comes in 3 sizes -- 90G, 100G and 250G (only 100G and 250G are on wooden trays)
- Or check out other types of Uni that can only be found on Zairyo in Singapore: Bafun Uni & Murasaki Uni
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Please note that Omakase Uni is whatever our Uni specialists at the Uni Auction recommends for the day. It could be Bara (criss cross), messy, or Narabi (lined neatly). It would be whatever that tastes the best that day, regardless of how it is lined. If you wish for it to be lined neatly (Narabi), please choose another Uni that states clearly that it is Narabi in the title. We will not be able to make any requests for how the Uni is lined.
- By order only; air-flown items will be flown in every Tues, Wed, Fri & Sat (unless otherwise stated). Please refer to the timer on this page for the earliest airflown date or refer to our air-flown schedule.
Please note that the 90G uni's packaging is different from the 100G and 250G Bento boxes. The 90G uni isn't lined neatly in a bento box, as pictured (picture credit to our lovely customer, @bambi16 on Instagram). We do NOT pack the uni ourselves.
- Check our recipes page on how to cook with uni or you may check out #ZairyoSG for more uni porn!