The Best, Easiest & Fastest Crab Cakes March 01 2019
Crab cakes are one of those things that can be enjoyed throughout the day. They are great for brunch, for lunch, as a snack or dinner. It's easy to see why -- they're deeeeeelicious.
They are so easy to make, it's hard to see why anyone would get ready store bought ones!
With this, you know exactly what goes into your crab cakes. No artificial fillers and no parsley (since not everyone enjoys them and it covers the pure taste of crab).
These are simple enough for a beginner to do, so try it!
3 tablespoons Mayonnaise
1/2 can Fresh Crab Meat (227G)*
4 teaspoons lemon juice
1 Chilli Padi or Chilli flakes for the kick (optional)
1 teaspoon dried oregano (optional)
Generous amounts of grounded black pepper
1 tablespoon minced spring onions
Watch how we do it or follow the steps below!
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, mayonnaise, lemon juice, cut chilli padi, dried oregano, and minced spring onions.
- Gently stir in crab meat, being careful not to break up meat too much (you want to see the crab meat!). Gradually mix in Panko, adding until desired consistency is achieved.
- Heat butter or olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Form crab mixture into patties. Gently make a dent in the middle for even browning.
- Place patties in skillet, and cook until golden brown, about 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
To serve as an appetizer, pair it with a side of salad and balsamic dressing.
To serve as a main, you can serve it with a side of mash and salad, or top it on Shirataki Pasta.
*We used the Jumbo Crab Meat. Recipe is the same for Back Fin. If you use a brand other than the one that is sold on this site, you may wish to increase the lemon juice, oregano and minced spring onions to cover the bad smell. We have tried a lot of other canned crab meats and they nasty.
*Double the quantity of everything if you are using a full can of crab meat. This recipe uses only half the crab meat. If you've also used half, please transfer the remaining crab meat in the can to another sealable container and store it in the fridge. Finish within 2~3 days.